Service Technician Trainee
Our ambitious team makes our company a successful, energetic, forward-moving organization.
As a Service Technician you will be responsible for performing the inspection, any necessary repair and certification of life saving equipment in accordance with our company and manufacturer standards. The experience and discipline gained from this job will surely be an asset as you look to build a successful career.
- Undergo Training at our facility by our senior Technician
- Travel overseas to obtain manufacture training once in house training is complete and satisfactory.
- Perform work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with the manufacturers standards
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs.
- Keep shop area neat and clean, and be able to account for work shop tools at all times
- Test equipment using industry and manufacture standards using specialized tools and procedures
- Document work performed on repair order form
Ideal candidates will have:
- Proven track record of achieving goals
- Willingness to learn
- Outstanding communication skills
- Professional appearance and work ethic
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Must be willing to work overtime including weekends and public holidays at short notice.
- Must also be willing to travel and have a valid passport
- Valid US Visa will be an asset
- A minimum of 3 CXC O’level Passes including Mathematics and English
- Job Experience in a similar discipline will be an asset
- Experience in the marine industry will be an asset
- A police certificate of good character is required
- 3 References and a letter of recommendation.
Suitable applicants are asked to email your Résumé along with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the General Manager.